Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Drawing of the Week

Drawing of the Week is back... forgive my lack of cheerfulness this week, everyone. I'm fighting a cold; and, though it's not nearly as bad as other times I've been sick, I still feel like crap. But let's get on with the show. I think y'all will get a kick out of this one: it's one of the first concept drawings of Marion, done back in '08.








 
The Evolution of Marion Pt. I

Inspired by: Okay, when the  Shapeshift Fantasy idea was born in the spring of 2008, Marion was a blonde! I'm not sure exactly what was going on in my head when I tried out this look-- I guess I wanted her to have a fun, sporty look that was based on how her personality was shaping up. Her dog Eli was going to be an Australian Shepherd!

What I Used: Pencils and a sketchbook. And a catalog for reference. ^^

Why the Artist Didn't Stick with this Design: I guess I wasn't quite feeling it. I think it mostly had to do with how she would look with the other characters, particularly her nephew Brendan. As you can see, though, I did keep the eyes basically the same.

Ah, memories. 
But what do you guys think of this design? I'd love to hear your thoughts! I'll probably put up some more "Evolution" sketches over time. Meanwhile, thanks for reading. I hope I start to feel better by the time I post this. Don't forget about Friday's Strip!  G'Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment