Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Drawing of the Week

Drawing of the Week again! And, thankfully, I'm feeling much, much better this week. I've shaken off that cold for the most part, and I'm ready to show you guys what Joia (and Andrea's back) looked like when I drew them for the first time!









 
The Evolution of Joia and Andrea I

Inspired by: In the year 2007, I created these girls for another story I was working on. This is, I believe, the first time drawing them. They're in bathing suits because the story took place near a beach. As you can see, Joia's design hasn't changed very much in three years; but Andrea's has-- drastically. However, because you can't see Andrea's face here, I'll talk more about Joia. Don't worry, though. Next week, I'll put up a drawing where you can see Andrea from the front and I'll discuss her.

What I Used: Pencils and ink on smooth bristol board. 

Why the Artist Basically Stuck with this Design:  Unlike the other characters,  Joia was really very easy to design, and she's always been easy to draw. In three years, the only thing I changed (and this was recently) was putting a little more junk in the trunk.^^

Next week I promise to put up another Joia/Andrea evolution pic. This trip down memory lane is actually kind of fun for me-- it shows just how far I've come. Still got a long ways to go, but thanks for taking the trip with me! Shapeshifting & YOU Pt. 9 is prepped and ready, so I'll see y'all Friday! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment