Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Drawing of the Week



The DotW features a headshot of our furry mascot!  That's not actually it right here; it's after the jump! One of these days I'll just put up a permanent pic for the pre-jump part of the post, but until then...






 

Portrait of Eli

Inspired by:  Ummm... nothing in particular; I just wanted to finally draw Eli in color!

What I Used: The usual: an underpainting of pastel rubbed on with Q-Tips, and layers of colored pencil on top of that.

The Artist's Best Friend: Canson Mi-Tientes pastel paper. This drawing is one of the reasons why I have halfway vowed to never again do color illustrations on white or cream-colored paper. I love how the colors are much more brilliant-- the light colors really pop.

Well! I'll see y'all on Friday for Shapeshifting and YOU Pt. 2 (I hope everyone likes the new strip format^^). Bye ya!


2 comments:

  1. I love this one. You feel you just want to reach in and take him home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I am SO glad you like it. We don't own a dog, so I'm really happy that people like Eli.^^ Thanks for the comment!
    --PG

    ReplyDelete