Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Drawing of the Week


Hiya! This week I've got three drawings of Marion all in one! Plus, The Artist's Worst Enemy...











Three of Marion

Inspired by: I did this one last spring or summer (except for the little super-deform, which I did Sunday). I just saw some photos online that gave me the ideas for the top two drawings. The super-deform in the bottom left was added to fill the space ^^.

What I Used:  Graphite pencil for line drawing; colored pencil and pastel for the color drawing; pencil for the small drawing, which was also put through Manga Studio for toning. All on a sheet of pure-white Canson drawing paper. I had intended to color the larger line drawing, but per my half-vow not to color on white paper, I decided to transfer the drawing onto a yellow sheet of pastel paper. It's still unfinished and I haven't gone back to it since last summer. It wasn't working out and I stopped 'feeling' it. -.- But, I do hope to color it in one day.  Perhaps digitally...

The Artist's Worst Enemy: Something a little different this week. My worst enemy was that blasted spiral staircase. Or maybe it's myself for designing Marion's 2-story house so small that only a spiral staircase would fit in it. You may have seen the staircase before in some of the recent pages; well, it was very hard to draw-- even with a gazillion photo references-- and you could probably tell. There's got to be some method for doing it, but if there is, I sure haven't found it.

But enough of my complaints. Like I said, it's my own fault. Somehow, though, I have a feeling it may have been even harder to draw a regular staircase (something I have yet to do^^).

Thanks for reading, you guys. I appreciate it. Come on back Friday for Shapeshifting & YOU. YJ and I are pretty excited about the next several strips.  See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment