Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sketch of the Week

It's the Sketch of the Week! Again that's not it on the left... I'm still trying to find out what to put there... but, you all know that the real sketch is after the jump! I had a lot of fun with this one, too.  It's a "ruff" sketch.   
I can't believe I just said that. -.-



Marion & Eli

Inspired by: The results (so far) of our poll. But regardless of that, I knew I needed to practice drawing Eli a lot more than I have in the past. I'm not a big animal drawer (eh...?), so I find myself forgetting to feature Eli in some of the pages or strips. This is one of many Marion-with-Eli sketches to come, I'm sure.

There is still time to vote, by the way.

What I Used: Just pencils and a sketchbook. I switched pencil brands over the Christmas holiday from Prismacolor Turquoise to Faber Castell 9000. I was getting frustrated with the Turquoise leads breaking, and being too soft and a bit difficult to sharpen. So I switched. The Faber Castells (along with a new electric pencil sharpener) have been working out wonderfully well; but for this rough sketch, I went back to the Turquoise. Their softness (and shortness) made sketching a breeze, even though they are too short now to work in my new pencil sharpener. ;-;  Now I use the Faber Castells for drawing (pages, strips, and illustrations), and the Turquoise for sketching-- at least until the new ones get short enough.

The Artist's Best Friend: This site. I don't own a dog, so I have to study photos of them to learn all their characteristics and behavior. These photos are candid and natural, and actually help me understand Eli a little more. ^^

Well, thanks for reading once again. I've got the next Shapeshifting & YOU prepped and ready to go. Check it out on Friday-- just get ready to read.  See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment