Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Drawing of the Week

DotW is back! This week features something I drew with my Christmas presents... Full details after the jump.



Lounging with Marion

Inspired by: A cold, dreary, and rainy morning. It was the kind of morning where you wanted to just get warm and cozy and watch a movie, which is exactly what I did.  Later that day, I started this simple drawing.  Marion, off work ( with an "Oh, well..." look on her face), basically just lounging around. Or maybe she has a cold ^^.

What I used: Pastel and...my new Prismacolors, which arrived that same day. I just had to try them out! They're the new colors from 2005, and I love 'em. I bought them primarily for the skin tones (peach beige, putty beige, chocolate, and chesnut), which I needed very badly; but the muted turquoise, sky blue light, and powder blue impressed me as well. And I used kelp green for the pants. Very nice.

The Artist's Best Friend: My new As-Seen-on-TV Tablemate II. Now I can draw anywhere, anytime, and not just in the studio. I can get so much more done now. Not to sound corny, but it's changed my life!

Well, that's all for this week. Friday's new comic strip series starts Friday, with a (*teaser*) slightly different look.  But I'm really excited about it, so I'll see y'all then. In Twenty-Ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment