Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sketch of the Week

Hiya! PG here with another sketch of the week... in color! This week I've got a sketch of Joia and her favorite thing: her BlackBerry. See the whole pic and the story behind it after the jump...








Joia and her BlackBerry
 
Inspired by: This was just a quick color sketch, so I stole a pose out of a Delia's catalog!

What I Used: A hard pencil for the initial line sketch, Sennelier Pastels a L'Ecu-- half-stick pastels that were very expensive; but they've lasted almost five years and counting because I rub them with Q-tips, then rub the pigment onto the paper. I then layer over the pastel with colored pencils.

The Artist's Best Friend: Wikipedia. I don't own a BlackBerry myself, and am not at all into tech gadgets (no cell phone, no iPod, nothin'). So I had to do some research to find which models were available in early 2008, what it's features are, etc. Joia's is a pink BlackBerry Curve.

 Just a reminder: no strip this Friday, but there will be a post! You'll see! Anyway, thanks very much for checking out the SotW (that's how I'll abbreviate it from now on ^^). See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment