Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Drawing of the Week

Drawing of the Week again! Last week, I promised to show you all another early drawing of Joia and Andrea. I have it for ya after the jump!











 
The Evolution of Joia and Andrea II

Inspired By:  Done back in 2007, I think just for practice. I thought it turned out well, so I was planning to use this as a main reference for when I always drew these chararcters.

What I Used:  Pencil and white pastel pencil on Strathmore pastel paper, with fashion catalogs for reference.

Why the Artist Didn't Stick With This Design: As regards to Andrea, of course. Well, this design was for a completely different story idea, and Andrea had a completely different personality. While the '07 and '08 Andreas were both quirky, '07 Andrea was more of an observer-- very quiet and more artsy.  The '08 Andrea has much more attitude, as you all know, and is more immature and misanthropic^^.  So, I wanted to create a look that would fit her new persona better, starting with giving her a more childlike appearance. Next week, I'll show you the transition between '07 and '08 Andrea... and I can't wait.^^ It'll be in color, too!

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to come back for the final Shapeshifting and YOU this Friday! See ya then!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment