Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sketch of the Week

I'm back! Brought out the ol' sketchbook yesterday for the Sketch of the Week. Read all about it after the jump!











   Mothers & Daughters

Inspired by: Oh, just the desire to practice. Everything was pretty much improvised. I was just sketching around, trying to figure out what to do. I started by sketching Joia, then I ended up putting vignettes of Andrea and her sock puppet (named Wiley), Marion, and Andrea's mother Ernestine. I called it "Mother's & Daughters"-- even though Marion isn't technically Joia's mother. But she is her godmother, and they certainly do have a mother-daughter relationship. Unlike Andrea and her Mom... ;-;

What I Used: Just pencils and my Canson sketchbook.

The Artist's Best Friend: My Mom's rocking chair, in which I was seated while I sketched. ^^

Thanks for reading all! Ummm... I don't know how much longer I'll be doing these SotW or DotW posts... they're taking time away from our *other* SF project. But I'll let y'all know if anything changes. Still check back this Sunday the 28th for Page 35, though! See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment